- This event has passed.
Conch Revival Picnic
1-March from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Key West Art & Historical Society and Great Events Catering team up to present the sixth annual Conch Revival Picnic, an informal Conch heritage dinner prepared by acclaimed chefs Martha Hubbard and Dave Furman featuring a variety of classic Key West/Conch recipes on the grounds of the Key West Lighthouse & Keeper’s Quarters.
Hubbard and Furman will present a feast starting with passed hors d’ oeuvres followed by a buffet and dessert. Diners can enjoy their picnic feast with live music entertainment from Brian Roberts.
Conch Revival Picnic Menu
Butler Passed Hors d’oeuvres
- Conch Fritters Hot Pepper Jelly
- Chicken Empanadas
- Mollete with Key Lime Mustard
- Conch Salad Spoons
- Salad of Tomatoes, Red Onions, Oregano, and Hearts of Palm
- Salad of Chopped Romaine, Oranges, Pecans, Pickled Onions, Creamy Lime Vinaigrette
- Roasted Fresh Catch, Carved on Site with Old sour, Mango Salsa and Chimichurri
- Whole Pig, Carved on Site with Cider Barbeque
- Conch Chowder
- Shrimp and Grits with Tomato Creole
- Cuban Morros
- Fried Plantains
- Cuban Bread
- Key Lime Pie
- Queen of all Puddings
- Coconut Tres Leches
Inspired by former Society board member and late island native Dianne Zolotow, the Conch Revival Picnic tradition was launched in 2016 to increase awareness of Key West/Conch culture by preserving and promoting historic recipes created and consumed by Conch families for generations, but which have, over time, been disappearing from memory and tables. Some of the recipes that have been presented are inspired by the postwar Key West Woman’s Club Cookbook edited by original Conch and first Florida Keys woman mayor Wilhelmina Harvey, as well as recipes from other books located in the Key West Public Library collection.