Robert N. Macomber | The Crucial Role of Key West in the Civil War
February 21 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm$5.00 - $10.00
Recommended reading: Honorable Mention 
About the Speaker:
Robert N. Macomber is an award-winning writer, internationally acclaimed lecturer, former Dept. of Defense consultant, and an accomplished seaman. Macomber is a Florida success story, and his work is admired across the globe. He tantalizes audiences with historical facts and literary lore.
ABOUT THE NOVELS:
Robert N. Macomber’s popular maritime thrillers describe the life and career of a U.S. naval officer, from the Civil War in Florida to the years beyond the Spanish-American War in 1898. Mr. Macomber has loyal, enthusiastic fans worldwide, who have named themselves “Wakians” after Peter Wake, the main character of the series. Through this Honor Series, Mr. Macomber illuminates significant events of world history, which have served as the foundation for the world as we know it today.
Inspired by actual events, these page-turners help us live history and remember truths which should never be forgotten. Each reader feels the powerful, you-are-there impact. Over the years, Macomber has been the recipient of the Patrick D. Smith Literary Award, the American Library Association’s W.Y. Boyd Literary Award, and, most recently, a Silver Medal in Popular Fiction from the FL Book Awards.
Learn more at http://www.RobertMacomber.com.
Suggested reading ~ limited availability at event
AT THE EDGE OF HONOR
– 2003 Patrick D. Smith Literary Award for Best Historical Novel of Florida
– Review by Randy Wayne White, New York Times best-selling novelist: “Robert Macomber is a first-rate naval historian, and At the Edge of Honor proves it. The fascinating story of Florida’s Civil War sea battles was unknown to me until I read this book.”
POINT OF HONOR
– 2004 John Esten Cooke Literary Award for Best Work in Southern Fiction
– Review by John Prados [author of Combined Fleet Decoded]: “At last! Finally we have an American character the equivalent of Hornblower or Aubry.”
– Review by Joe Weber [author of Defcon One and Rules of Engagement]: “Robert Macomber’s Honorable Mention is truly exceptional! Following At the Edge of Honor & Point of Honor, this rousing sea adventure is reminiscent of the swashbuckling yarns of Robert Louis Stevenson & Herman Wouk. Honorable Mention is extraordinary, a first-rate historical novel by a master of the genre.”
THE DARKEST SHADE OF HONOR
– Review by Booklist: “A solid entry in this popular series.”
THE ASSASSIN’S HONOR
– Review by Phil Jason, PhD. [Professor Emeritus of English, U.S. Naval Academy]: “One of the great feelings that comes over me when I settle into a new Honor Series novel by Robert Macomber is the sense that I’m in such capable and caring hands. It’s like having an insurance policy against disappointments. And there are none in the 12th installment of this unique and durable series ….”
This program is sponsored by the Helmerich Trust.